1.If a vehicle you are driving is involved in an accident and a person is injured, what must you do after stopping?

a) Render every assistance and take immediate steps to have an ambulance notified. Then call the Police.
b) Only call the Police if the accident also resulted in over $500 worth of property damage.
c) Report the accident to Police within seven days.

2.Stop signs or flashing lights at railway crossings should always be obeyed, because -

a) Trains are fast, heavy and cannot stop quickly.
b) Pedestrians might be crossing.
c) Car brakes often fail.

3.You should not drive across a railway level crossing when -

a) You are towing a caravan.
b) Traffic is blocking the other side.
c) A station is nearby.

4. You should use your right-hand indicator when -

a) You are about to stop.
b) You intend to slow down.
c) You intend to move to the right, at any time.

5. Bicycles should generally be ridden -

a) With the main body of traffic on the left side of the road.
b) On the right-hand side of the road facing oncoming traffic.
c) On the footpath only.

6. If you see a sign indicating road repairs are going on, you should -

a) Stop immediately and wait for instructions.
b)Maintain the same speed.
c) Slow down and watch for traffic controllers and instructions.

7. Are bicycle riders legally entitled to use the roads?

a) No, they must give way to cars at all times when riding on the road.
b) Yes, they are legal road vehicles and have equal rights to share the roads.
c) No, they must always ride on the footpath.

8. You see a broken yellow line painted on the roadway adjacent to the kerb. What does it mean?

a) Clearway restrictions apply - you must not stop during the clearway hours.
b) You may at any time, park along this part of the road for 1 hour only.
c) Bicycle riders must ride along the yellow line.

9. If you see a horse and rider on the road what should you do?

a)Sound your horn to warn the rider.
b) Speed up to pass the horse.
c) Slow down and give them plenty of room.

10. When are class C (car) drivers required to carry and complete a log book, and comply with driving hour limits and rest periods requirements?

a) When driving a utility van.
b) When driving a coach that is equipped to seat more than 8 adults and is used to convey passengers for hire, reward or in the course of trade or business.
c) At all times

Tel: 02 8090 3927