1. What must you do if you miss your exit on a freeway?

a) Continue until you reach the next appropriate exit.
b) Stop, and reverse back along the freeway to the exit you missed.
c) Stop immediately and turn around.

2. As you leave a freeway, which of the following should you check?

a) Fuel gauge.
b) Your speed.
c) Windscreen wipers.

3. When can a private car travel in a lane marked by this sign?

a) Only to overtake another vehicle.
b) When carrying at least two passengers.
c) Only within 100 metres of making a turn.

4. Are you permitted to drive a car towing more than one trailer?

a) No, not at all.
b) Yes, if the combined length of vehicle and trailers does not exceed 15 metres.
c) Yes, provided you have held a licence for two years.

5. What must you do when you are towing a caravan to help other vehicles overtake?

a) Drive at least 25 km/h below the speed limit.
b) Keep at least 60 metres behind heavy vehicles or other vehicles towing caravans.
c) Stop immediately and let the faster vehicle overtake.

6. Are you permitted to tow a caravan with a person riding in the caravan?

a) Yes, provided you do not exceed 60 km/h.
b) Yes, if the person(s) in the caravan are over 12 years of age.
c) No, not under any circumstances.

7. Before driving a long distance at fast speed or carrying a full car load, you should -

a) Check your tyre pressure, and if necessary, increase it to what the manufacturer recommends.
b) Make sure you have a street directory, so you know where you are going.
c) Have a large meal and a cup of coffee.

8. If an oncoming vehicle crosses the centre line and is coming straight at you and you cannot stop, you should -

a) Slow down and hope that the driver will turn away.
b) Drive onto the wrong side of the road and hope the other vehicle does not do the same.
c) Brake, look for room to the left, sound your horn and flash your lights.

9. If you are involved in an accident where your vehicle needs to be towed away and the Police does not attend the crash scene, you -

a) Must report the accident to the Police Station nearest to where the accident happened within 24 hours.
b) Do not need to report the accident to the Police.
c) Only need to report the accident to the Police if someone was injured.

10. If your vehicle is involved in an accident (regardless of the damage), what details must you give, to the other driver(s), if asked?

a) You must let them see your licence, take details, and give the name and address of the vehicle's owner.
b) No details at all until you have contacted your insurance company.
c) Only your name and address details if a Policeman asks for them.

Tel: 02 8090 3927